We’re looking for an experienced individual to lead a team and technical function to deliver an effective, efficient, and productive environment, understanding the fluctuations and demands of the business, within the confines of policies and budgets.
Your duties and responsibilities:
- To lead a technical function in relation to a specific remit of technology/or infrastructure, across relevant markets and countries.
- To lead on planning, development, design, engineering, architecture, integration, testing, acceptance, optimisation, and implementation activities of the technical function.
- To be responsible and accountable for the quality and performance of the technical function and ensure security and/or safety.
- To manage the resolution of customer-initiated complaints and defects within committed service levels attributed to the technical function.
- To be responsible and accountable for drafting, collating, and maintaining a repository of documentation in relation to the technical function.
- To define and execute multi-year roadmaps that align to the technical strategy and business objectives.
- To be responsible for leading and developing a highly effective technical team within the specific area of technology and/or infrastructure.
- To keep up to date regarding developments within the industry, including participating in standardisation committees, vendor, and industry forums.
- To ensure compliance with standards, policies, and
- To assist operational teams in determining the correct material resources, systems, and training to perform their duties adequately.
- To manage and maintain an information exchange relationship with operational counterparts.
- To support sales and marketing counterparts in relation to the specific remit of technology and/or infrastructure
- To assist with the productisation of any new service linked to the technicalfunction.
- To manage and develop vendor relationships in respect of the technical function.
- Conduct negotiations with vendors and strive to maximise value for money.
- To be responsible for expenditure control in respect of the technical function.
- To be available to assist in any projects and/or duties that Gibtelecom may deem reasonable.
Scope and remit:
- The ideal candidate will be involved in all technology, infrastructure and functions underpinning the IMS voice services, focusing primarily on fixes voice, but also supporting IMS based mobile services. The scope of functions under direct responsibility are defined below, however are in no way limited to:
- IMS Core: SBG, BGF, MTAS, P/I/E/S-CSCF, MRF, DRA, ENUM, HSS, SCC, UPG,…
- IMS-based PSTN Emulation services: A-MGW, AGCF, VoBB, and ATA /IAD.
- Enhanced fixed voice services: IP-CENTREX and Hosted-PBX (Broadworks AS, XSP, Profile, Media, …), SIP endpoints, other third-party application
- Enterprise edge: eSBC, vSBC, ISDN (BRI / PRI) gateways, SIP trunks,…
- Fixed Mobile
- Value-add systems: Voicemail, …
- Auxiliary systems: licensing, …
- International and local connectivity, including signaling, carrier circuits, IPX, ...
Experience and Qualifications
- At least eight years demonstratable experience working in a communication service provider environment, either directly or indirectly.
- Expert-level understanding of telecommunication and IP protocols (SIP-T/I, RSTP, SS7, SIGTRAN, IPSEC, …).
- Solid understanding of PSTN and PLMN concepts, together with a working understanding of modern telecommunications infrastructure.
- Experience with Ericsson IMS infrastructure considered mandatory. Experience with Broadworks AS would be advantageous.
- JCNIE or CCIE Equivalency will be considered.
- The following functions will be within remit, but it is expected that operational activities will, in full or in part, be undertaken by specialist teams.
- Software infrastructure supporting PNFs, VNFs and
- Hardware infrastructure supporting PNFs, VNFs and CNFs*.